lundi 12 novembre 2012

Fox lady



I had to make a foxy cabaret costume for the show FOX SOLO' @ FROCK ON FROCK OFF. The actress and director of the show leave me a great freedom with the design. I get inspired by the roaring twenties for the rustles and especially by Jean Paul Gaultier 2008 collection with its great fur coast.


I try to combine it with French baroque 17-18 century aesthetic. It reminds me Jean de la Fontaine Fables where the writer resorts to anthropomorphism in order to depict courtiers represented by animals. 


Actually, I didn't have to make a naturalistic fox costume but a costume which has the reference and connotation of it. So I use fur and orange tones colours to remind the characteristic of the animal but I kept it quite human like.










and last but not least.. the fury shoes which I find very cute!


More pictures on the facebook page 







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...